Regain restful sleep
Millions of Americans suffer from sleep apnea, and we can help you overcome it and achieve the calming sleep you need.
We will assess your risk from sleep apnea, discuss your symptoms and begin the process of diagnosis.
Sleep Apnea Treatment from
Bordentown Family Dental
There are several different types of sleep apnea: we’ll work to identify your own specific cause.
Obstructive sleep apnea is caused when the soft tissue in the back of your throat closes off your airway.
Central sleep apnea happens when your brain stops telling your muscles to breathe.
Complex sleep apnea is a combination of both causes.
- We discuss your symptoms
- Build a picture of your risk factors
- Sleep quality has dramatic effects on health
- Snoring and disruptive sleep apnea disrupt your sleep
- We can provide oral appliance therapy to treat apnea
- We advise on lifestyle changes that may improve symptoms
Are you always tired?
Are you tired all day, even when you think you’ve slept; does your partner complain about your snoring; do you wake up struggling for breath?
- Are you suffering from insomnia?
- Shortness of breath when you wake up?
- Morning headaches?
- Loud snoring a problem?
- Drowsiness during the day?
- Any of these can be caused by sleep apnea
How does it work?
- We assess your risk factors
- Start to diagnose your sleep apnea
- Look at other possible causes
- Prescribe possible treatments, including custom-fit oral sleep appliances (a bit like mouth guards or orthodontic retainers))
- A comprehensive dental exam twice a year
- An annual X-ray of your teeth
- Cleaning every six months
- Fluoride treatment every six months for children under 18
- No need to wait for that perfect smile
- Finance available from 0%
- Flexible plans that fit your budget
- Talk to us now about financing